It’s a great time of the year for baking and we’d like to share a recipe that our CAMPers enjoyed. Not everyone likes raisins in their oatmeal cookies. Some like them plain and some like them with chocolate chips. So if you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend that will put you in the holiday spirit we hope you’ll give this recipe a try. Let us know how yours turn out.
Santa's Favorite Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
· 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ½ cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
· ½ cup (100 grams) brown sugar
· ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
· 1 large egg room temperature
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 and ½ cups (150 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
· 1 cup (190 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Wrap parchment paper or foil over your baking tray for easy clean up.
2. Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the sugar and butter mix, stirring as you go. Then add oats and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Scoop out cookie dough and roll into balls, then place on lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are set.
6. Voila! Christmas cookies that Santa can’t resist. Don’t forget to leave a carrot for Rudolph.
*Pro tip: If you want them to hold that rounded shape just place the dough in the fridge for about 30min.