Happy New Year! We're excited to be back at C.A.M.P. University. Have you made a new year's resolution yet? We do our best to help CAMPers set, pursue, and master goals all the time. So, here are some tips that might help you reach your own goals during this new year.
1. Do your research. Whether you’re learning a new skill, checking things off your to-do-list, or even trying a new diet research is key. Understand what challenges you might face, learn ways to cope, borrow ideas from others who have walked that path. If nothing else researching a new topic can energize you.
2. Make a plan. Include things like: When will you start? What will you do? How will you track your small successes along the way? What is your goal? How long will this take? Etc. As a side note, make sure your goal is achievable. Research will help by identifying the success others have had.
3. Find a partner or at least an accountability buddy. Just like your favorite teacher, this person is there to cheer you on and brainstorm solutions when things get tough.
4. Prep before your start day. Shop for what you need accordingly so you're totally ready for Day 1.
5. Give yourself room to learn. If you mess up don’t give up. No one is perfect and especially when we first start we can be lacking the discipline or knowledge. So, acknowledge when you mess up and them make a plan to start again right away. Think about what could help you next time you might stumble. I great meme we saw the other day said you don’t need a new year to make a change; all you need is a Monday. Never give up on your goals.